Mental illness costs Canadian businesses $52 billion every year in lost productivity and leaves of absence. One in five people will directly experience a serious mental illness within their lifetime, but the reality is five in five people are affected: mental illness of a family member, colleague, friend, or community member eventually touches everyone.
Canadian Mental Health Association – Edmonton Region’s (CMHA-ER) mandate is to create awareness of mental health and to support and advocate for individuals and families living with mental illness and addictions. By pledging your support and purchasing an annual membership, you will help us achieve our goals and receive members-only benefits, including voting privileges at our Annual General Meeting held annually in September.
By becoming a member of CMHA-ER, you are
- Providing hope to the 1 in 5 Canadians directly affected by mental illness
- Supporting CMHA-ER’s programs and services
- Helping further our vision of mentally healthy people in caring communities
- Making mental health matter
Membership categories are Corporate ($50.00), Standard ($20.00), Basic ($5.00), and Special ($2.50). A Basic membership may be of interest to students and volunteers. A Special membership is for any individual who wants to be a member and is able to pay only the minimum fee. All membership categories carry the same rights and privileges, and all members of CMHA-ER automatically become members of CMHA Alberta Division.
- Invitations to special events
- Invitations to the Annual General Meetings of CMHA-ER and CMHA Alberta Division
- Voting Privileges
- Receipt of our Annual Report
(Membership valid April 1 – March 31 annually)