Goal: to provide quality, secure, and affordable housing for people with mental illness and/or low income. The program works with tenants and their supports to maintain long-term housing.
- Age 18 and over
- A history of mental illness or low income
- Capable of independent community living
- In need of subsidized housing
Professionals may refer people to the Housing Program or individuals may apply independently. All interested applicants must complete an application form available through CMHA Edmonton at #300-10010 105 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 1C4. Once a completed application is received, it is assessed and placed on the waiting list according to identified need. When an application reaches the top of the list, the applicant will be contacted by phone.
Applications must include:
- An income verification form describing current income
- A written reference, preferably from previous landlord
- A written reference from a medical or mental health professional outlining suitability for independent living
- Written confirmation of ongoing services from a community worker
To apply, please download the CMHA Housing Application Form (.doc).
Crime Free Multi-Housing Program
CMHA-ER is partnered with the Edmonton Police Service in the Crime Free Multi-Housing Program.
For more information regarding the program please visit the Edmonton Police Service website.
Get a closer look at our Housing Program in this special session for Edmonton Housing Month.