Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day intensive, interactive, and practice-dominated course designed to help caregivers recognize and review risk, and intervene to prevent the immediate risk of suicide. It is by far the most widely used, acclaimed and researched suicide intervention training workshop in the world. This workshop is valid for 14 Class ‘A’ Continuing Competency credits for Social Workers.
These two-day workshops run from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm in the Training Room on the Third Floor at 10010 105 Street NW, Edmonton. Pre-registration is required.
- February 17 & 18, 2022 (U of A Student Union Building)
- March 3 & 4, 2022 (U of A Student Union Building)
- March 10 & 11, 2022 (CMHA Edmonton Offices)
- March 24 & 25, 2022 (CMHA Edmonton Offices)
- March 31 & April 1, 2022 (CMHA Edmonton Offices)
- April 7 & 8, 2022 (CMHA Edmonton Offices)
- April 28 & 29, 2022 (U of A Student Union Building)
COVID-19 Preventive Measures
- All learners will be required to provide one of the following on the day of the workshop: 1) Proof of vaccination; 2) Medical exemption; and/or 3) Negative COVID-19 test conducted within the last 72 hours.
- All learners will be sent a COVID-19 screening questionnaire
- Additional cleaning in hallway and washrooms has been implemented
The fee for this course is $250 per person. Lunch is not provided.
Preregistration is required: space will not be reserved without payment. To register, please fill out the online registration form below.
2022 ASIST Registration Form
Alternately, you may download Workshop Registration Form (PDF). You can mail completed form to 300-10010 105 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 1C4; email it to email@example.com; or fax to 780.482.7498.
*NOTE: If you are unable to be present for all hours of the workshop, you will not receive your certification. You cannot re-take the missed time and will be required to re-take the entire workshop, at your expense, in order to receive your certification. There is no on site parking click here for PDF map of available parking. For parking at the U of A location please click here for a PDF map. M-Zone parking lot will be the closest to Lister Centre where Aurora Room is.
Cancellation Policy: CMHA-ER reserves the right to cancel workshops if minimum registration numbers are not met or if weather does not permit; in the event that CMHA-ER elects to cancel a workshop, full refunds will be issued.
If a participant cancels their registration, a $50.00 cancellation fee will apply. If a participant cancels their registration fewer than 2 business days prior to the workshop, no refund will be issued.
Transfer Policy: If a participant chooses to transfer workshop dates, a $25.00 transfer fee will apply. No transfers will be accepted 48 hours prior to the workshop. Once you have transferred, you have forfeited your option to cancel your registration at a later date.
Prices may be changed at any time without further notice. We reserve the right to change our workshop prices at any time without further notice.
Prices listed in any other websites may not be correct. We cannot always control when other sites are updated: we reserve the right not to accept a price listed on a site other than our own.
Scent-Reduced Workplace: For the health and consideration of our visitors, program participants, volunteers, and staff, we respectfully ask that when you visit our offices, to please avoid the use of:
- Hand creams/body lotions
- Heavily-scented beauty products
Thank you for your cooperation.