211 is a free, confidential service that provides information and referral to a wide range of community, social, health and government services.
Our certified community resource specialists are trained to help you navigate the complex network of social services. We can help you find:
- basic needs (food, clothing, shelter and financial support)
- employment resources
- parenting support
- counselling/support groups
- health care
- legal services
- and MUCH more!
To Access 211:
- Phone, text, and chat service are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in over 170 languages.
- Dial 211 for telephone service
- Text 211 and type INFO for texting service
- Click here to access the online chat
- Search for services online at ab.211.ca.
- Browse our free resource list here for printable information sheet on a variety of topics.
If you are in crisis (contemplating suicide, feeling overwhelmed, or experiencing abuse), call the Distress Line at 780-482-HELP (4357) or find online chat information here.
Information for Service Providers:
To find out if your organization is eligible for a free listing in the 211 database, review our criteria and then contact the 211 Community Resource Database Team at 780-392-8722 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.