November 1, 2021 to November 30, 2021
All DayAdd to Calendar (iCal) Add to Google Calendar
Edmonton Housing Month is back! Tune in for weekly sessions from organizations on the frontlines of affordable and supportive housing initiatives in Edmonton. Each session is free, but participants must register.
- November 9 – Reaching Home Program: The challenges faced during COVID and the current affordable housing crisis, presented by Metis Capital Housing
- November 10 – Strategies for responding to community opposition for affordable housing providers, presented by Civida
- November 16 – The effects of a global pandemic on Housing First and Edmonton’s By Name List, and what a path forward in ending homelessness looks like post COVID-19, presented by Homeward Trust Edmonton
- November 18 – From Homeless to Home: Barriers and challenges in ending homelessness, presented by Bissell Centre
- November 23 – Now more than ever: Building supportive housing during COVID-19, presented by the City of Edmonton
- November 25 – The Power of Culture in Creating Homes, presented by Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society
- November 26 – Mixed Income Housing: A Path to Affordability, Inclusivity and Financial Sustainability, presented by HomeEd
- November 30 – TBD, presented by YESS
For more information and to register for sessions, visit housingmonth.ca.
About Edmonton Housing Month
Edmonton Housing Month is an annual event that aims to raise awareness of the various safe, affordable housing initiatives and sustainable strategies our city is, and has been, implementing towards our collective goal to end homelessness. This month of learning coincides with National Housing Day in Canada on November 22. Due to COVID-19 restrictions on large gatherings this year, we are hosting a virtual series of Lunch and Learn sessions.