We depend on volunteers like you to help build caring communities and make mental health matter. Volunteering plays an important role in supporting the resilience and recovery of people affected by mental illness. Not only does volunteering with CMHA-ER support our programs, services and special events, the act of volunteering can be beneficial for your mental health!
What do CMHA-ER volunteers do?
- Peer Support
- Recovery Programs Support
- Distress Line
- Board and Committee Membership
- Education and Awareness Events
- Fund Development
- Administration Support
Who volunteers with CMHA-ER?
- People who share our vision of mentally healthy people in caring communities
- Professionals, students, families, and community members
- People living with mental illness
- Friends, family, and co-workers of people living with mental illness
How much time is needed for volunteering?
- It depends on the volunteer role you choose. Some volunteers donate a couple of hours each week or month. Some volunteer for specific projects/events at select times during the year.
Where do CMHA-ER volunteers work?
- Depending on the volunteer role, you may be volunteering at CMHA-ER’s office, the helplines contact centre, a housing unit, or out in the community.
What Volunteer Opportunities are Available?
- Below are our current opportunities. For more information on each opportunity and to apply, please click whichever position(s) you are interested in:
Please email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our Volunteer Services mailing list and stay in the know about upcoming volunteer opportunities at CMHA-Edmonton! Click Here to sign up!